Sunday, March 26, 2006

Unbeweavable!


I've learned plain weave. I've learned twill. I've learned double weave. Broken twill. Hooray! Tomorrow the small sampler comes off the loom and I learn about finishing. I worked out my calculations for my next project, took me about 3 tries to get the calculations right. (Are they truly correct? I don't know...) This is way more tedious than knitting, or maybe I am numb to it.

My next project will not be on this table loom, it will be on my "Oak Tree", as Mary calls it. I'm itchin' to treddle, throw & beat, I may have a go at my warping board before my warping party on Thursday.

Still working on my Jaywalkers, started the baby sweater, have some lace linen thingys I want to work on this week... I'm done with weaving for the day so on to knit knit knit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

I think it's so cool you have a loom in your living room. Must be so much fun!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie,
What exactly are you weaving? I'm so ignorant to these type of things, yet so fascinated, so please bear with my questions.

Necia

10:15 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hey Necia,

It's just a 6" sampler so I can learn some basic weave structures. It's not really anything. Kinda similar to making a scarf using different stitch patterns every 4-6 inches just for the sake of learning new stitches. My next project will *hopefully* be a small table runner. :-)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

That is REALLY cool.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie,

Thanks for checking out my site. I've always wanted to try weaving - it looks like so much fun. But, um, I have no place to put a floor loom. :)

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home