Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Garden


Right now, my garden consists of this Reverse-Bloom Flower Washcloth from Weekend Knitting (Melanie Falick). Made from Mission Falls cotton in a deep pink color. Yep, that's my only garden because we are dealing with this:


Our building sent a note end of May saying that all terrace furniture must be off by May 31 so that terrace maitenance could take place. Over the summer. 6-8 weeks. More like 3-4 months. Or more. They even put a board over our door! With square footage being such a big deal in this city, we are very irritated that we are paying for space we can't use during the prime summer season. Yah yah yah, the terrace may be better after the work, but shouldn't we be compensated somewhere? Harumph. Not to mention that noise is unbelievably loud. It's a cheap building built in the late '60's and they didn't insulate the floors very well so basically you can hear a pen drop. (Seriously!) Imagine a jackhammer.

So why do we live here? Well, the terrace! It's nestled right in the trees and there is a water fountain below. It feels like a tree house. One more year or so and we hope to buy a place. With a huge *bleepin* terrace.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Your washcloth is so cute.

How frustrating about your terrace, I think I would go nuts not being able to use it as the weather warms up!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how the washcloth turned out in the cotton, very nice!

Sorry about all that noise. Maybe if you sit VERY close to the A/C you'll drown them out. Oh, and keep lots of aspirin on hand (ugh, jackhammers).

3:40 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love the washcloth in that color/yarn! Must try that, it HAS to be better than the chenille!! :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

I would be complaining and complaining to the landlord about that - surely one of the main reasons you decided rent the place is because of the terrace? And I'm pretty sure that they have a higher rental rate because of said balcony. I'm with you, you should have some compensation - esp. since it's taking longer than they said it would. AND THE BOARD ACROSS THE DOOR!! All I can say is fire exit!?!?!?

Okay, rant over, cute dishcloth.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Nice washcloth, but very depressing news about your terrace. Hope they will finish fast :-)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Yarnista said...

Your place will come soon not to worry. I'm loving my new garden now after having lived with my inlaws 4 years while building. Your washcloth is pretty!

12:20 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your terrace/construction noise! They've been building a giant condo building across the street from us for a year and a half...cement trucks idling right outside our bedroom window, making the whole building shake, and you know the only acceptable time for jackhammering is 6am! It does seem like your rent should be lower while you lose the terrace.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Devorah said...

I feel for you. My plants are being crowded out by our contractor's supplies this summer.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home