Monday, December 11, 2006

A Little FO, a Little WIP...


Ta da! Baby's First Tattoo is 99% finished! I am posting anyway, it is going to take me awhile to get the snaps. Pattern is from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation by Deb Stoller. Yarn is Rowan Cashsoft, which is indeed quite lovely. Only modifications to the pattern were caused by a case of "Placenta Brain". The neckline is a "v" shape due to my decreasing every other row, and the top of the neck band is wack due to some silly decreases I did at the edges. (Seriously, what was I thinking?) If I have the energy to re-knit the last two rows of the neck band, I may rip out and try again. But not today.

The pattern is cute, but if I ever reknit it, I would modify the pattern to knit in one piece. The seaming was tedious and unecessary in my opinion.


Log Cabin Socks (from Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick) are coming along great. This is the lighter blue pair. Yes, I am making 2 pairs. Knit, knit, knit!

9 Comments:

Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh very cute!!!! I remember "placenta brain." Thank goodness I didn't knit back then--I could barely pull off a sweater as nice as that now!

2:02 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

the cardi is sooo cute! it looks tiny though. I guess one forgets how little babies are.
Log Cabin socks are very handsome indeed.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

The baby sweater is so cute!

And I love the log cabin socks, they look so cozy.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Awww. Baby's first sweter. So adorable.
Glad to see your back on track with the sock knitting. I hadn't seen you knitting a pair in a while, you had me a little worried (lol)

8:38 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

The sweater is super, super cute! And the socks are really lovely, coming along fast from the looks of it too.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look incredibly soft! And I love the tatoo cardigan, too.

1:10 AM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

Both of your projects look great! i love your BFT - It makes me wish I knew a baby to knit for. And the socks are really amazing. I can't wait to see the pair.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

The sweater looks wonderful! I don't think it matter if the neckline is v-shaped :-)

6:14 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

That is too cute, I love the colors you picked and I don't see any problems with the neckline! The log cabin socks are going to be so luscious!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home