Monday, February 12, 2007

A Productive Weekend Needs a Reward


I actually didn't think I would do it, but I got darn close. I finished section 7 and am halfway through section 8, which means I am halfway done with the Curlicue! You can't see me right now (which is probably a good thing) but I am doing this dance around my apartment in celebration of kicking some pregger arse on this blanket.


I also managed to package up a portion of my stash to send off to to my fellow knitters. I got so many requests I am actually digging through my stash to make sure there isn't more that I can let go of. So if you haven't heard from me yet, it doesn't mean I don't have yarn for you. I might! So give me another day, there is yarn all over our apartment right now. (Space bags. Seems like such a good idea, 'til you have to open them up and vacumm them again...and again...)


All this "work" and no vodka tonic to celebrate. So I pulled out some sacred and oh-so-special Schaefer Anne (I usually only pet it and put it back in the stash) and cast on Falling Leaves. For ME.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you had that much yarn to destash! Wowza! Must feel nice to have that off your back.

Pretty Schaefer Anne, your socks will be gorgeous!

11:31 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

That is an IMPRESSIVE stack of boxes, my dear. And congrats on the curlicue!!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

OMG, is that only a portion of your stash?! I'm going to show this picture to my partner, and then he will realize that I'm right when I say that I'm only an amateur when it comes to stashing yarn :-) I'm looking forward to become an expert yarnstasher, and I'm training as hard as I can (it's important to try to reach ones goals in life isn't it ;-)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

That's only part of your stash - I'm impressed that you could part with it in the first place.

I'm loving the way the curliecue is coming along - even if I can't spell it and I have no idea how it works.

8:45 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Wow, the blanket is really coming along and looking great!!! and I'm glad I'm not the only one who rewards herself by casting on a new project! ;-)

9:02 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

huzzah! curlicue is really coming along! you must be so excited :) that blanket is going to be treasured for years.

10:27 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

the blankie is a major project! looks lovely and drapey.
socks for you is a good thing!

4:14 PM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

Wow, that's a lot of blanket and a lot of boxes!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..I'm a new knitter so I don't have a stash. I think I would never leave and be stuck in my chair knitting as fast as I could if I had all that wonderful yarn. How lucky you are.
hilary

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home