Monday, January 22, 2007

Red Scarf Project


The scarf is done! I used Lorna's Laces Superwash in Bold Red. (And it is BOLD.) Broken rib all the way, which leaves an interesting texture on the reverse side. I am quite pleased. About 5" wide and 60" long. The edges were curling a bit, so after washing I also steam blocked the begeezus out of it. Because if that, there may be a few extra inches added to the length but I didn't check.


This scarf is for the Red Scarf Project as organized by the Orphan Foundation of America. Hila suggested that Sit n' Knit New York get involved and we have. Yesterday I collected scarves from other members...


And I received a total of 19 scarves! So I am off to the post office to mail them. Hooray!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, I love the pretty wrapping on all the scarves! Yours is great (I'm a fan of broken rib). Your "3 inches a day" rule seems to have paid off.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf looks so pretty - I'm sure the recipient will appreciate it :-)

2:38 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

wow, that IS some bold red :) and look at all those scarves! you girls were mighty busy.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

wow! What a great thing to be a part of!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf is lovely, will keep someone's neck wonderfully warm.

19 scarfs, that's so cool.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the LL scarf looks so lush! yum.
sit n knit NYC rocks! thanks Annie!

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home