Sunday, January 14, 2007

Next On the List


Enough of those UFO's, here are my WIP's! Still plugging away at Hotty Hubby's scarf. He claims he'll wear this one since the colors are so cool. With the temperature staying the way it is, he may not need this scarf until next winter. However, I keep knitting. (Yarn is Brook's Farm.)


I am determined to participate in the Red Scarf Project. With the deadline creeping up and my distaste actually, for knitting scarves, I figured that if I started my scarf on Jan 1 and knit at least 3 inches a day, not only would I have a plenty long scarf ready to be mailed by Jan 22, I could set it aside everyday without guilt and work on something else. It's working out great! 3 inches is very easy to accomplish and then I set it aside and work on something else. Like the other scarf above. Ack. (Yarn is Lorna's Laces superwash.)


This I am not actually working on at all right now, but I have every intention of finishing. It's Brooke's Column of Leaves scarf made with Brook's Farm yarn. And yes, it's for ME!


And a little something to break up the scarf monotony are some little socks for my kiddo. The yarn is Brooklyn Handspun in the Mocha Rose colorway. I really want to make a pair for myself, but I have to finish those scarves, first. But little bitty socks? No problem.


So once these deadlines are met, I am full force KNIT FOR BABY mode. I am ready to cast on for the Oat Couture Curlicue Coverlet. This is my third attempt at using yarn I like, finally settling for a tried and true. Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Dusty Sage.

Thank you all for your comments! Mary - your question from long ago has haunted me. What am I knitting for myself? Well I am working on that. And yes, it has been one heck of a good year. A little crazy, but all good.

A shout out to Minty whom I met this past week. Turns out we are neighbors! (seriously, 2 blocks!) I love finding out that my fellow knitters live in the neighborhood.

Bless you MLE, for reminding us all that life is indeed too short for bad knits!

10 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

ah, the curlicue! i hope you read grumperina.. if not, you should check out this post:

http://www.grumperina.com/knitblog/archives/2005/11/the_grumpecuey_1.htm

she had some difficulty with the pattern and developed her own version which you might find easier to knit.

those little socks are so cute! i have brooklyn handspun too and was planning on making some little socks for my impending peanut. can you share your formula?

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a girl who doesn't like knitting scarves, you're sure working on a lot of them :)

It was SO wonderful to meet you, and know that I have a friend in the neighborhood! Feel free to stop by to borrow an egg any time.

Oh, and I've seen a lot of other curlicues that were made per the pattern without any of the strife that grumperina had--you might want to do a blogsearch on it. Because everyone else who I've seen make it has made more than one!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WIP's are much more fun than UFO's :-)

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the column of leaves -- so pretty. And it's all yours -- yay!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! That Column of Leaves scarf is GORGEOUS!

9:35 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I love that Column of Leaves scarf. And how beautiful it's coming out with the variegated yarn. Lovely!

3:17 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I love the column of leaves in the variegated. I also love the manly colors for your hubby's scarf. I can't wait to see all your cute baby knits!

I like your strategy for the red scarf. I may start that with my sock. It's stockinette on dpns, not the most exciting, so it might be nice to do some knitting on it every day and then switch to something for the baby.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I love. love. the column of leaves scarf! I haven't seen that anywhere before and seriously- yours is going to be beautiful!!!

Cute baby sock, too.

11:15 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

its always good to bring them all out in the open- confront the "shadows..."
all the yarns sound lovely!!!

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- that's quite a list of WIPs!! The scarves look great!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home