Monday, February 05, 2007

Swollen Fingers = Swollen Credit Card


I may not be able to knit as much, but gosh darn it, I have enough mobility to pull out my credit card! This weekend we did our baby shopping. Stroller, car seat, changing table, night light, rocker and YARN. Purl was right nearby...and I knew exactly what I wanted... So here is Manos del Uruguay Cotton Stria in color 213 (seafoam green) which I intend for this baby shrug from Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss.


I also picked up some Rowan Cashsoft 4ply in this absolutely yummy dirty, dusty, lavendar grey (sh423) for the Cable Blanket. My mom bought some very cool baby clothes recently, so cool that they deserve their own blanket. The pattern actually calls for dk but this color is so perfect that I was willing to buy more yarn and double up. I can't wait to start knitting this.


Neither can Lucy. This is "my" cat. She didn't realize she was a cat until she met my hotty hubby's cat. She is very skitterish and acts very differently from the other 2 furballs that we have. (His, Hers and Ours.) But in these last couple of weeks, she has been a bit like her old self, and I wonder if it has to do with my pregnancy. She follows me most of the day when I am home, and lays next to me, even now as I type, she is right behind me taking a snooze.


And here is a progress shot on the Coverlet. Section 5 is taking much longer than the other sections. The shaping has short rows, but instead of the stitches going down in number row by row, the shaping simply shifts to the left. Neat to watch it progress, but obviously takes a little longer. Regardless, it's coming along! 10 more sections to go and no, I have not cast on anything else. Yet.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

You have some great projects lined up, I love the cabled blanket, I am hoping to make it one day. And curlicue is coming along very nicely.

I was really swollen with my first, made things very difficult. This time is not so bad, but I had to lose my rings a couple weeks ago.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

You've really picked some beautiful colours when you bought the yarn. I'm sure it will look beautiful when you're finished :-)

2:48 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i used that same color of cashsoft (mine in DK) for the baby sweater i just finished! it's a lovely color for sure... and dude, cashsoft is great stuff. i would definitely work with it again.

do your hands ache? starting this past weekend, mine do. i've noticed that they are a bit swollen (no doubt due to water retention) but they've recently started aching like crazy too :( pregnancy is just never ending!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Code Purl said...

I love that Debbie Bliss Simply Baby Book. I actually gave a copy to Julian's mom as a present and then sat on the couch and fawned over the pictures myself. I just worked with the RYC Cashsoft and it's now one of my favorites.

7:44 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Wow, you've been hammering that credit card! Glad to see you got some beautiful yarn out of it, they're going to make some pretty knits :)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a response to your question on the YH blog:
yes, the directions for quite a number of the Bohus kits have been translated into English by Stephanie's friend, Susanna Hansson

from a Bohus enabler

7:56 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

get ready for top heavy credit cards...
lovely yarn it baby's privilege and one wants to indulge! no apologies necessary...
:-)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

The CurlieCue looks very cozy, take your time!

You also got a shout-out on the Yarn Harlot's blog, very cool!

Debbie

12:53 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Very pretty curlicue. I'm thinking of the cable blanket as well, since I've never done cables before.

Sweet kitty! One of our cats was extra snuggly with me throughout pregnancy...he would curl up against my belly to snuggle with the baby.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great kitty! She reminds me of my beloved childhood cat, Simone. She was also a dillute tortie and they do have different personalities than other cats. Simone died a couple years ago at age 21. A long life for a cat, but I still miss her. Amanda (from Meet-Up)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home