Friday, February 16, 2007

Warped


My puffy fingers need a break from knitting, but my yarn obsession can not stop. Above is the beginning of a warp for some cotton dishtowels. My warp will stay cream and with each towel I will play with different stripes of green. Fairly simple, yet interesting enough to delight me with each pick.

Not much progress has been made on Curlicue this week. Still on section 8, but hope that my rested fingers will be able to get it together and knock out another section or two this weekend. No progress shot so I'll leave you with this comment from my last post...

Allena
writes: I get the yarn under your pillow, but why is the roving in the freezer?

Good question. I'll get back to you when I think of an answer.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Operakatz said...

Roving in the freezer prevents moths. Yea yea, that's the ticket!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

yeah, i assumed the freezer was to kill or greatly slow the groth of bugs.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tea towels are a great idea, cant' wait to see what you come up with.

Hope your fingers are feeling better soon, lately I have been having a bit of numbness in my hands. Not fun is it :-Pq

11:05 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Hope your fingers get better soon!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Leigh said...

What a beautifullly prepared warp. What size cotton? I'm weaving come cotton dish towels at the moment as well. Dish towels are a fun way to sample various weave structures.

And about that roving in the freezer; perfectly logical. Protects it from moths!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Protects it from cats! Ok, your warping trumps my spinning in terms of lingo. How long does it take to do that?

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home