Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Most Comfortable Seat in the House


Unbweavable, but twue.

Who knew that threading the heddles would be so comfortable for a big ol' belly? I've had a grand time threading.

All this cleaning, reorganizing, waddling and complaining deserves an online shopping spree, yes? I knew you'd agree. I am short a few heddles for my project, so off to Webs online store I go. Heddles in my cart... and heck, while there, why not get a poppana shuttle? (I do need one.)


The package arrived yesterday. Turns out the heddles are backordered! Ah well, I know a trick to make heddles out of string.

The yarn?

HEY! How did that get in there???

OK, FINE. But to quote Tina: I think buying yarn has become my bag of candy or my swift pint of beer. It's a little pick me up for whenever I'm feeling grumpy or sad. Does that make it as unhealthy an addiction as the other options? Maybe, but a) it doesn't make me fat, b) it doesn't pickle my liver, and c) it makes me happy to have so many creative options at my finger tips.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Hilde C. said...

Weaving seems like a type of work that needs a lot of patience. It's good to hear that it's something you can do even with a big belly and swollen hands :-)

6:54 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I second Tina!
:-)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

That picture of you at the loom cracks me up!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anne-Marie,

You GO girl. I told you you would like weaving. And now it looks like therapy too!
I am eager to see what you come up with using the pompana shuttle. Are you going back to your Finnish roots??
Hope to see you at a Guild meeting but I imagine it will not be too soon with "Little One" on the way.

Terry

10:30 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

i actually love that position for my pregnant belly.. it's very comfortable to sit forward like that :)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe yarn IS an addiction... but it's a good one!

Glad you've found a comfy position!

11:09 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Yarn is certainly a healthier addiction than many! Great to see you have a comfortable postition you can sit in, AND you can be productive with it too.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Tina's totally right. I have a theory, yarn jumps in to my basket w/o my knowledge. It just happens :o)

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your womb at the loom!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Ooooh, my ovary just cramped. Look at that beautiful belly! My favorite spot was on all fours in our bath tub--we had a big one back then. You look very comfy.When's the due date?

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home