Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Red Hot


Red hot socks for Cashew! I did finally finish these. I am trying to perfect infant socks - getting the heel the right length, how long should the decreases go for the toe. It really comes down to one thing, knitting faster. Those little feet become bigger feet fast!


These socks are based on this pattern, but I've been messing with the pattern. I made the cuff longer, the heel longer, did the gusset decreases like a regular sock, same with the toe and did a kitchener finish. They look a little pointy in this photo, partly because they are not blocked, a tad too big, and well yah, they are just pointy. The yarn is an extra skein of Koigu that I had from Hila's socks.

Baby Shrug is almost complete and Curlicue is not!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Harlem Purl said...

The first thing to come to mind when I read your post title was the movie Buffy the Vampire slayer when she does that cheer


Our team is what?
Red Hot!
Our team is what?
Red Hot!
Our team is R-E-D-H-O-T
Red Hot!


...Oh come on, don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Oh, such beautiful socks, and such cute little feet - utterly adorable :-)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

Mini Hilas - so cute!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Love the socks and Cashew's cute little feet :-)

5:01 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I love my mini-me-socks buddy! she'll grow into them so fast, you'll wish you kept it on the needles and not close up...
:-)

11:39 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, look at the teensy tiny feet! And the cute little socks on them!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving the nice comment on my blog :)
The red socks are really cute, and I can't wait to see the baby shrug!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So so cute! I love baby feet :)

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home