Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Turtle


Apparently I am the slowest knitter ever. Le sigh. As much fun as I have reading Penelope's and Tina's blogs, I'm starting to get depressed from them. I thought I had good finger dexterity, but I guess I am lacking in caffeine. Seriously, what are you gals taking? Maybe I need to practice Continental. Throwing the yarn is taking up too many precious milliseconds.

Curlicue, officially starting section 11. There are 15 sections total. I want to finish this project by May 31 so I can start fresh with new projects for my June Plan.


I'm up to the sleeve shaping for the baby shrug. This also must be finished by May 31. Allena gave me the cute project bag for my birthday! She sews them herself and rumor has it she will be selling them soon.


My plan was to try and have these done for the Sock Exchange so that Cashew could wear them. Clearly that didn't happen. If it takes me until May 31 to finish these I will be very embarrassed.

(BTW - Cashew is modeling her Lacy Bonnet here. )

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

i've barely knit a stitch since the peanut was born so i actually think you're pretty fast!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Dude. You have a baby. Knitting production shouls slow way down! You'll get back to cranking those FOs out at some point.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Cashew is just soooooo adorable in her lacy bonnet :-)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I don't think it's the knitting style because I'm a picker and those ladies still make me feel as slow as molasses.

The little cashew looks so adorable in that bonnet. It must be nice to be able to knit pink frilly things. All boys get are blue sweaters with a big ol truck slapped on the front or something like that.

9:30 AM  
Blogger lekkercraft said...

Curlicue is looking great - you're so close! Also can't wait to see the baby shrug.

9:47 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

I only have myself to feed and water so if on occassion I forget to do those things and knit away a whole day, there'll be no child protection officers banging down my door to explain why I've neglected myself in favour of yarn! Sometimes I wish I had bigger priorities than banging out a sweater in a fortnight, consider yourself lucky!!

1:29 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I have a feeling has more to do with just having had a bay than anything else...., but- "Maybe I need to practice Continental" is a good idea. it seems much faster to me.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Knitting Ewe said...

I seem to remember you finding a way to knit with it on! Thank you for posting such a lovely picture of the bag - all is on schedule for the "big reveal". Your Cashew looks so cute in that hat - really preaty hat too!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turtles are cool!

(and I've knit less than you, so...)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

girl, you have a baby and are managing to get more knitting done than me!

hey, you around on sunday? i have the day free if you wanted to hang and knit at beanocchio or lpq something.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

AMEN to all these comments. I would knit a stitch a day or less if I had as beguiling a cashew as your young 'un! And, um, hello, look at all the projects you've got going--it seems like a lot of knitting is getting done if not all completed at the same time!

9:10 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Are continental knitters usually faster than English? I had no idea...I feel your pain though. Sometimes I think I'm the slowest knitter out there!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Well, some WIPs are like fine wines and need years to mature. Uh, that's I tell myself. Can't wait to see the big June projects--and more Anastasia!

4:42 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Wow, you have a June plan? Haha! I gave up on plans after Lilah was born, so I bow to your organizational skills. Also my knitting has been s-l-o-w since I think we have the world's worst sleeper on our hands, so I think you're going pretty fast. It's all relative :)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home