Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gah.


I know, this project is not part of my Holiday Plan. But it is a New Year's Knitting Resolution so I've added it to my growing pile of WIP's. (What happened to the discipline gained with my June Plan? It got rewarded with more yarn which resulted in more WIP's which proved that I have a lot of work to do in the focus department.)

Anyhoo, there is this thing that I'm sure you all have heard about called Secret of the Stole. I jumped right in because it sounded like fun. I have been wanting to knit serious lace and made it a New Year's Knitting Resolution for 2007. Yes, "serious" lace. Not lacey socks, or a kinda lacey scarf. Lace lace. Choosing a pattern and yarn has proven difficult and I couldn't move forward on my resolution. Until Shameka told me about Secret of the Stole. Suddenly I found myself shopping for yarn and beads. BEADS. I don't DO beads, people. I don't DO stoles. I don't DO purple...but I saw this Aubergine by The Plucky Knitter and I emailed Sarah about it and bada bing, bada boom, she dyed two skeins for me and I started shopping for beads. BEADS.

My knitting group had a Sit 'n' Knit in Secret to kick off the knitalong. And my yarn arrived just in time. As in, on my way out the door I chatted up my mailman to check his mail bag for a soft package and he said "No, I don't think there's anything here...." THAT one. That looks like yarn, Mr. Mailman! So he grabbed the last package and sure enough it was my yarn.

Puhleeze. I am an experienced knitter. I know when a package has yarn in it.

But my beads? I love Paypal. It has been my enabler on many occasions. But when you've used up your yarn money stash and it has to link to your checking account, it can take many days to clear a check. A check for $7. I have been practically harassing Sarah about my yarn for two weeks and in the end it's the BLEEPIN' BEADS holding me back.

I hope my serious lace is seriously beautiful because this is seriously coo coo.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes coo coo! Keep knitting and quit poking me!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie - I am sooooo glad that yarn arrived in time. Is it what you hoped for? What a pain paypal can be at times.

: )

11:27 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Oh what a fun project! Sarah is so awesome! such beautiful color.

3:06 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I love lace! I hope you love it, too, and that the beads show up soon. "I know when a package has yarn in it"--hee hee!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I commend allyou brave stole knitters. You really have to watch that Shameka, I think she should win the Enabler of the Year award, for real.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Beads? Have you lost your mind? As for spinning...well, I learned on a spindle a year ago and now I have a wheel AND a drum carder. (plus fiber stash) Who knows? There may be a wheel LOOMing on your horizon. (cringe)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Shameka said...

Sweetie, I have a million beads at home, and I have such cute purple ones too. If only I knew!!! I would have brought them.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home