Thursday, October 04, 2007

I'm Funny! Really!


I'm guessing that by the lack of comments on my last post no one got my joke. Or, eh hem. Maybe I just wasn't that funny. Or interesting. Chante laughed though. She knows I am the worst spinner ever, evidence in the photo posted the other day. Heck, you should see the photo she posted on her blog. That horrible blob on the left side of the bobbin was spun by ME. With my own little hands and feet and it was a MESS. It was fun though. But it will take a lot of practice before I can spin anything worth keeping. So I'll stick to knitting, crochet and weaving at my loom for now. I see you all nodding in agreement, except Chante. I can almost hear her saying "No! No! You just need a little more practice....get a wheel, you'll love it!"

Heh heh.

So knitting. Things have been busy here, and I haven't had much time to knit. But with Rhinebeck coming up soon, I need to get crackin'! Today I will work on the sleeves for Cashew's Rhinebeck sweater. And perhaps finishing that project will lead to an interesting and witty post. Maybe not.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Well, I was pretty darn sure the blob was yours ;-)

And I giggled, too! I've been the worst, just trying to actually catch up around here more than anything else, so I'm slow with the comments.

12:32 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

:) i totally laughed! i just ran out of time in the day to comment.. as usual!

i'm right there with you. i'm a crap spinner, and dude, i do NOT need another hobby!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I'll convert you yet....I just need a little more time (and avoiding me at Rhinebeck won't work either, I'll hunt you down)

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pattern are you using for Cashew's sweater? I love the pink.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I feel your frustration with spinning. I had an awful hard time initially, and not that I'm an expert now either, but it gets a little easier (finding the time, now that's the hard part).

Glad to see you're making another Placket sweater, I loved it when you knitted it up before. Should be adorable on Cashew in the pink.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bitty Cashew sweater - can't wait to see it!

Hope you yarn festivities are fun today...

2:55 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Just catching up with bloglines. Glad you had fun with the spinning - I think my beginning spinning had a similar look.

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home