Saturday, April 12, 2008

Excuse Me While I Whip This Out


I was determined to attend the NYC Ravelry Bobmas Eve party and I was determined to bring the requested donation of a handknit hat for Christmas at Sea. I grabbed some Cascade 220 Superwash from the stash, snagged a pattern from Hila's queue and whipped this out in a couple of days. I was going to be late for the party because I had to wait for Hotty Hubby to come home from work to do the baby trade off but before leaving, I managed to snap a few craptastic pics for posterity. Of course I promptly left the hat on my couch as I took off for the party. Figures.


The pattern is the Classic Ribbed Hat by Frugal Knitting Haus. For my purposes, I have renamed it the Seaman's Cap and you can make all the jokes you want about "ribbed" and "seaman". Oh, and 10 points if you name the movie. (And no more explanation than that, you either get it or you don't. Chemgrrl, I'm counting on you!)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's long and hard and full of seamen?
A submarine, sickos.
-Hotty Hubby

8:53 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm cracking up here.

: )

10:11 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Great hat, you look adorable in it - however I'm sure that it will be appreciated by the, um, seamen.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

Just one question......what happened to the rest of your hair? Did I miss something? Maybe you have it up in a ponytail...yeah, thats it.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am all about Blazing Saddles! One of Mel's best. My favorite scene is Madeleine Kahn singing "I'm Tired!"

7:59 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Great hat, great jokes :)

9:31 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Oh yeah, totally Blazing Saddles. One of the blub's favorites. My favorite line? "Fifteen's my limit on schnitzengruben, baby."

P.S. Your hair is really cute! Do we get to see the rest of it?

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you got me on the movie, never would have thought of that one, been a long time.

And I will firmly keep my hat comments out of the gutter, it's very nice.

(Your title takes on a whole new meaning now though).

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome and looks fantastic on you!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and hee hee on the joke by your hubby!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home