Sunday, May 04, 2008

Happy Feet


It is very difficult to maintain a blog about knitting when the current project is a secret one.


I present to you Lighthouse Gansey Socks by Anne Hanson, knit with Trekking ProNatura (wool and bamboo). These were made for the Sit 'n' Knit Secret Sock Exchange. My Secret Feet belonged to Annmarie. Hooray! It was fun scheming and stalking. I chose this pattern because I know she is a fan of Anne Hanson, didn't care for wildly variegated yarn, plus she had written on the questionnaire that the Lighthouse Gansey Socks were something she'd like to have but didn't necessarily want to knit. After looking over the pattern I thought, hey, it's just knit and purl. I nearly cried in my yarn when I realized that I really had to pay attention with every row. And then I realized how bored I have been with my knitting lately because the socks were in fact quite fun and interesting. Annmarie seemed delighted with them so I am happy.

(The rug? I know! Isn't it totally rad? More about that later.)


And for me...Gina made me a pair of Nutkin! I whipped off my shoes and socks and put them on right quick. I love this pattern and the yarn is a merino cashmere blend. Delish! I am very happy with them and am so tickled to have something that is so me yet wouldn't have thought of doing. I have been eyeing Nutkin but the yarn is something I have never seen before.


The exchange was a success and there were happy feet all around.

15 Comments:

Blogger spajonas said...

what a fabulous exchange! nutkin is a great sock pattern so kudos to your partner for picking it. can't wait to hear about the rug!

8:58 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, how fun! And gorgeous socks all around.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

The rug. Now.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job organizing, Anne-Marie. I can't believe you kept it all going and no details got lost! Despite my last-minute panic, I totally enjoyed it--and my own socks were a great payoff.

9:19 PM  
Blogger mle said...

A very successful exchange indeed!! Look at all those gorgeously clad feet. how fun!

I want that rug!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

I really like the photo of the happy feet all around, and your socks look great too :-)

4:31 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Great socks (both pairs). You are lucky to know so many accomplished sock knitters.

7:42 AM  
Blogger lamone said...

I love this happy feet picture! great!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

There are some neat socks in that circle! You guys should make a list of all the patterns that were used!

10:50 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Happy feet! I've got those hap-hap-happy feet!
Give them a low-down beat
And they begin dancing!

Of course, in my head this is sung in Kermit's voice. That frog can sure tap-dance!

Anyhoo, loverly socks--both the ones you made and the ones you got! And I can't wait to hear about this rug. I need a new rug. Mine has been trashed by little furry things.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy feet indeedy! Great pics and socks and pics of socks!

5:22 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

and I love the way the socks look even more on *my* feet! I love, love, love my gansey socks!! thank you again, A-M, for being such a terrific organizer! :)

7:01 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

What a fantastic exchange it looks like it was, congrats on keeping it all together, and making AND receiving great pairs of socks.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Feet indeed!!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks! The pair you made look wonderful with all that detail, and your socks, gotta love some Nutkins!

Now let's hear about that rug!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home