Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday is for Progress


Despite being a tad tight, I still love these socks. The Koigu is a dream to knit, no surprise there. Both skeins are from the same dye lot, however the lighter colors dominate the sock on the left and the darker colors dominate the sock on the right. Groovy.


I wasn't sure how I was going to like knitting with this cotton Manos. It's that cotton that has a thread going through it, I guess to keep it from breaking since it isn't plied. I am enjoying working with it and since it is hand dyed, it has some subtle pooling that is quite nice.


The beginnings of the Child's Placket-Neck Sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.


My very first weaving sampler thingy. I am still in the process of finishing. Finishing weaving is very similar to finishing knitting. The difference is that when you wash weaving, you wash it in as hot of water as your hands can stand to help the fibers puff out. So wild. I would never put my knitting in hot water! (well you know, unless I was felting) The next step is to iron it, which I haven't done yet. Thursday is my warping party, moving on to my floor loom! Next project is a small table runner. Woo hoo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Jaywalkers are coming along so beautifully, the colors are even prettier than in the hank!(please share that colorway #) I'm glad to see the manos cotton knitting up so nicely for you-- I always thought the wiggly textue wouldn't be flattering, but the sweater looks great so far, very soft and subtle.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

All your projects are coming along so nicely, and I love the colors you choose. The koigu is gorgeous, I may have to get me some of that.

11:54 AM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

I love your socks! That Koigu is just stunning. I always enjoy a little variation between socks in variegated yarns--if I wanted my socks identical, I'd buy them at the store!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Purty Jaywalkers! They are really looking great, as is the sweater - what a great shade of green!

And I am highly impressed with your weaving! I look forward to seeing more of your projects!

3:22 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

for the socks, too tight is good, they will give over time. that's the feel of the Koigu.

the weaving looks very pro. looks like it would be fun to do!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I love your jaywalkers! Are you using 2 circ method? The weaving project is so cool...I love your "Unbeweavable!"

I have been wondering about the cotton stria...will be tuning in to see how it turns out :)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home