Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Do I Look Like Santa Claus?!?


I tried. I really tried. As you can see, the second pair of Log Cabin Socks from Handknit Holidays never even got started. Since the recipients don't know about this gift, I am thinking of finishing it as fast as I can to get them done and putting them aside for next Christmas.


Yah, didn't even try here. Hotty Hubby likes his socks better anyway, and the weather hasn't dropped below 50 degrees, really. Maybe Valentine's Day?


Never even got out of the starting gate. My intention was to dye this gray Cascade with some Koolaid I had collected. Perhaps blueberry, or black cherry. Dying light gray or light brown yarn produces some lovely earthy tones. I guess I'll try again next year...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, its the thought that count! and yes, Valentine's day is coming too!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Wendy DG said...

You definitely look like Santa to me. Santa always keeps a backlog of supplies he uses to build toys for the coming years. Those log cabin socks are so beautiful. They will be just as loved next year!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Well, you can always put them aside until next Dec. and go through the panic once more--ask me how I know. I've got the 'world's most boring sweater for dh' unfinished and part of one xmas stocking done with the yarn already purchased for 2 more. luckily, no one knew about them!;)

8:38 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

No need for guilt, your intention was there, but somehow I think that Christmas knitting is enough to put even the most avid knitter against picking up the needles. Gotta say I'm loving the socks.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

The socks are beautiful. OK, you didn't finish, but you have a lot of plans. That's a good thing. Nothing is worse than having a lot of yarn and not know what to do with it :-)

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the socks look great! Since I rarely finish gift knits on time, I tend to think that the effort and enjoyment you get out of making the eventual finished gift is what really matters! Thanks for your comment on my blog, and thanks for stopping by!

10:47 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I guess in this case it really is the though that counts, right...? I like the next Christmas idea, I've used that one quite often!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

Those socks are going to be wonderful whenever they are finished. The scarf, too. I really don't enjoy knitting on a deadline, it kills the experience for me, but it is fun to give knit gifts.

2:20 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Just go with the "I'm making a baby" reasoning. I didn't get very far with my Christmas knitting, either. My husband was a good sport about opening his one sock, though :)

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home