Monday, December 18, 2006

Hooray for Holidays!


Yesterday was Sit n' Knit New York's Holiday Party. What a darn good time. Above are the little party favors I made. Cookies made into little balls of yarn. Get it? They're yarn! It took forever to make them so humor me, please.

We had a raffle to help raise money to pay our Meetup.com fee and a handknit gift exchange. There was food, oohs and ahhs over knitting, and strange looks from other patrons of the restaurant. Good times, good times. If you are at all curious as to what our knitting holiday party was like, you can read comments and see lots of photos here.


Tawana was the recipient of my gift for the gift exchange. Yay! It's the Calorimetry I made the other day. I received a beautiful washcloth, though I am pictureless at the moment. I love handknit gift exchanges. WE KNITTERS GET IT!

9 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Your yarn cookies are cute :-) I wonder if my kids would appreciate it if I made them some?

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, go on rub it in! looks like it was sooo much fun! sorry I had to miss it.
:-(

6:25 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Those cookies are so adorable!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so creative!! the cookies turned out so cute!!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those cookies! You are way better than I am. I cannot stand baking cookies, let alone decorating each one individually. You have my respect and awe!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I loooooved the cookies. We really do apprecite all your extra effort.

8:13 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Cutest cookies ever! I can't imagine what they would look like if I attempted such an adorable decorating project. Probably like a three-year-old made them. You are so creative!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

Oh, it's the first yarn cookies I've ever seen, they look great :-)

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anne-Marie I'n back and I love the Calorimetry. I seriously had fun at the Holiday Party. You are a great organizer.

Tawana

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home