Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ignorant Bliss


I want to knit something for myself. Something that I will finish and love. I have been eyeing the Drops 103-1 jacket and after Tina finished hers in mere hours (mild exaggeration), I was determined to prove to myself that I could knit it up fairly quickly. I had picked out The Fibre Company's Road to China in Jade awhile back. It has been creeping up to the top of my stash pile and it's time to move it to the next level - a sweater.

I happily cast on and knit and knit and knit. The skeins don't have a lot of yardage so shortly after casting on I had to add another skein. Knit knit knit. Happy happy happy. Add another skein and then DUN DUN DUN. Honkin' stripe of grey green right in the middle of my blue green. Not pretty. Ugly. So sad. I have about 11 more skeins of this stuff, how to tell which ones are more grey, which ones are more blue? I guess I should wind them all and knit samples from each skein. Oh what a drag. Once I know how many different skeins I have I can make a plan of action, which will probably be alternating rows from different skeins.

Ugh.


And look, same for Cashew's sweater. I used a new skein for the sleeves and it is a different shade. I have at least 2 more skeins of this yarn (Brooks Farm Solo) and I'm hoping one of them is more like the first skein I picked.

Gah.


Cashew's socks have been a nice diversion as Trekking XXL is always entertaining. However these will not last a little R&R in Hudson Valley for the holiday weekend. I haven't decided if I should bring one of the sweaters to fix or just cast on something new so I can continue knitting in ignorant bliss without worrying about the consequences.

I think ignorant bliss is winning.

15 Comments:

Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I vote for the ignorant bliss. You know us knitters are masters at it :-)

9:37 AM  
Blogger spajonas said...

oh no! two strikes! :( i also vote ignorant bliss.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Problem-solving your knitting is best to leave at home. Ignorant bliss is for vacation, for sure.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Another vote for ignorant bliss!

10:26 AM  
Blogger mle said...

oh yes, definitely ignorant bliss. Holiday weekends are meant to be happy! so take some happy knitting.

1:22 PM  
Blogger limonene said...

Yet another vote for ignorant bliss. Vacation knitting should be fun and mindless.

3:29 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

It's unanimous so far--ignorant bliss!

And GAH! on two different projects with color problems. Yech.

4:47 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

ignorant bliss is best. but a little grey green in Road to China will be just fine! you know me- bring on the variations!
:-)

9:20 PM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

I blame the jellyfish. Don't burp in public.

(Yes, this is the first of many nonsensical comments. Just remember, you asked for it!)

10:05 PM  
Blogger mames said...

big vote for ignorant bliss, it is a holiday, you know.

12:33 AM  
Blogger chemgrrl said...

Dude. Dumb and easy is ALWAYS the way to go for a vay-kay. Why did you even have to ask? :)

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors of your knits!

Yes, ignorant bliss is my vote too. It's a vacation after all.

7:53 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

I'm currently knitting a sweater from alternating balls of yarn because 'there are no dyelots' (what does that mean? They dyed all of the yarn they made ever all at once in a huge bath the size of a football pitch?). It's a bit annoying but better than huge stripes. Strangely, it even adds a tiny bit of interest to rows of stocking stitch.

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that is the WORST.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

Whoa---that's a lot of comments!Just meme-tagged you on my blog, by the way! Penelope

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home