Tuesday, June 03, 2008

FO Report


So much to catch up on and hardly a thing to show, other than these socks for my little Cashew. I didn't even finish them while on vacay over Memorial Day Weekend. No, my bad luck followed me to the Catskills. While knitting in the car I realized that I had made a huge error in these tiny socks. I never finished the gusset decreases in one sock and had already knit many rows in plain stockinette. Ripping back is my theme, and one I don't particularly want. So going back to my original plan for ignorant bliss (which you all supported with gusto) I put the socks down and knit this instead.

Upon returning from a lovely vacation in which there were no cell phone towers and a brand new digital camera with no battery, I snapped out of ignorant bliss and got back to work on these socks for Cashew. I improvised my own pattern with Trekking XXL (colorway?) using a 3x1 rib, a few decreases at the ankle and a standard heel flap and toe. I made them a tad big so she can wear them in the fall. She has enjoyed trying them on but getting a modeled shot proved to be tricky.


Watching her toddler two step around the apartment is a riot. My little Cashew is walking!

And because I can't resist a meme for which I have been tagged:

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

June 1998 - I was dodging mean squirrels and teaching dance at Interlochen Arts Camp in Michigan.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

Cashew's laundry.
Update SnK on WWKIPD info.
Reorganize the laundry closet.
Shower.
Take care of a feverish Hubby. Today he truly puts the hot in "Hotty".

3) Snacks I enjoy: Yogurt parfait, Veggie Booty, endive with goat cheese, walnut and honey. Delish.

4)Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Buy a bigger apartment, a country house in a different country, take more vacations, open a fiber arts studio and offer more support to my favorite charities.

5) Places I have lived: Michigan and New York.

Chemgrrl, Wannabe, Allison, Hila, MLE...your turn. Go!

16 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

Such sweet socks and pictures!

I made a pair of socks out of that same Trekking colorway. I love how the colors blend into each other very subtly.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are so so so so sweet! I love them!

3:43 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

aw! walking cashew! how cute! the FO shot of the socks on her is adorable as well. love those baby legs.

4:15 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

these socks are meant for walking! very cute.
:-)

4:35 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

oh, and one more thing-sorry, but I can't do this meme...
my ToDo list is so huge, and I hid it, so I will not have to see it and remember.....

4:38 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

She's WALKING!!! Oh wow. The last time I saw you two was her first knitting group outing. Cray-zee!!

6:08 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Cute socks, and even cuter Cashew! Look at those chubby little legs. Isn't the toddling amazing? It's so fun to watch.

Mmmm...endive with goat cheese, walnut and honey. Awesome. I'll work on the meme this week :)

6:14 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Those chubby little legs are too cute!
Thanks for the tag...that looks like a fun one!

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack! Cute little chubby toddler legs wearing adorable socks!

8:21 PM  
Blogger nicolina said...

she's walking?! oh wow! pretty soon you'll be buying her a prom dress.

yeah WWKIPD!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Wannabe said...

Oh those thighs....LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

Off to type up my meme post! ;)

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great modeling shot, those socks are too cute! And I can't wait to see your Babette all done up, such pretty colors!

1:54 PM  
Blogger amodeir said...

love the socks, love the pics, love catching up with you via blog.
little B

1:28 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

oooh, those jerky steps that toddlers take like a stiff-legged drunk. Sooo cute with handknit socks!

9:27 PM  
Blogger ScrapbookGallery said...

baby socks are so cute!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those chubby little legs, and the socks are perfectly adorable!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home