Saturday, June 28, 2008

Garter Stitch Love Fest


Surprise! This glob of garter stitch is a...


Baby Surprise Jacket! Almost, anyway. I kept waiting to update my blog because I was so close to being finished. I figured I'd wait until I seamed it and added the buttons. And then nearly 2 weeks went by and I still don't know when I am going to go find buttons. So there you have it. My 95% complete BSJ.

I used Noro Silk Garden Lite in color 2015. I wanted to keep the jacket on the feminine side so I cast on using the coral color. Luckily the coral showed up again on the bind off. I am thrilled. It's giving the effect that I was hoping for.


Over all these colors are new for me. They still have the dusty quality that I like, but a bit brighter than normal, plus the striping which isn't typical of my style. I am not usually a fan of yellow and yet I love the stripe of golden goodness in my garter stitch love fest. Yes, love fest. I loved working on this jacket. This is my second BSJ, my first real go with Noro (other than the coffee cup cozies) and I found it all delightful. I hope the recipient feels the same!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really cute!! Love garter stitch!

9:24 PM  
Blogger spajonas said...

it's fabulous! i really love the striping.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's so cute! i have still yet to knit with Noro, and this makes it very appealing.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Bronwen said...

Great colors. Love!

4:19 AM  
Blogger misplacedpom said...

I kinda like it as a blob best. It's looks like a sea creature! Also, I have some randomly coloured buttons in my stash. Maybe I'll bring them along to the bake off....

8:10 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

It looks great! Good luck finding the buttons. If you're ever in the fashion/garment district, there are few great button stores.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Harlem Purl said...

I must try this thing called Noro I keep hearing about. Lovely BSJ.

7:37 PM  
Blogger allisonmariecat said...

Oh, very cute! Like a little rainbow. I looooooove Noro. Such nice colors, even if you have to pick sticks out of it :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Oooo, that Noro looks delicious! LOVE the colors.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Annie - it's adorable!!! Makes me want to make one.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Hilde C. said...

I'm sure the recipient will feel the same - it's beautiful :-)

5:09 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

So pretty! I love those colors!!

12:25 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

the close-up photo really shows how lovely this is. :)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Beautiful!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so cute! It makes me want to knit with that color for myself.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ilix said...

That is a neat colourway. i have been meaning to make a BSJ... they all look so good! Thanks for sharing

8:07 PM  
Blogger picperfic said...

oh it works so well...what size did it turn out?

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the surprise jacket. Cashew will look soooo cute in it
Anna

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home